NCCE Day 2

NCCE Day 2-

Here are my biggest take-aways from Day 2 of the Conference.

Love Kids Into Learning:
Tara Martin, author of Be REAL, taught us how to use the "Innovator's Compass" as a quick way to create family classroom culture and quick start student relationships. The process is authentic, real, and vulnerable, but impactful and long-lasting. Lots of potential here for classroom use - particularly beginning of term and something to be revisited throughout the year to document personal growth. I would like to know more about using this technique to teach students how to ask thoughtful questions and determine first steps. IE, how to I make this assignment/content specific? She mentioned this strategy can be used to help students learn to ask good questions.

Impress Me Digitally:
I was hoping very much to learn about some tools to make available for our students doing the Impress Me project. I imagine VERY few of them have any experience making a video or digital project.
Stop Motion animation - introduce simple methods for making videos. Not so much on having Impress Me videos be stop motion BUT how to storyboard, create characters, conflict, resolution
Also want to incorporate reflection throughout via FlipGrid?
Use ClapMotion on Chromebooks

IDEA!!  My next sub plans will be stop-motion animation. Here's a little preview of my masterful talent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worth the Wait

In this week's, I survived...